In the early 1960s, two motorcycle racers, Ken Johnson and Norm McDonald (K&N) developed a ground-breaking new idea for an air filter. After experimenting with numerous types of filter media, they discovered that an oiled cotton design allowed the filter to not only capture contaminants very efficiently, but also allowed it to be washed and reused, and the original K&N High-Flow Air Filter was born. Five decades later, K&N is still innovating industry-leading filtration technology. In addition to performance air filters, K&N® now manufactures a variety of other protection and performance products, including air intake systems, oil filters & fuel filters, with a reputation for exceptional quality and customer service.
K&N Recharger Kit 99-5000 is designed to restore the performance of your K&N oiled cotton air filter and includes a 6.5-ounce aerosol can of oil and a 12-ounce spray bottle of POWER KLEEN. POWER KLEEN industrial strength degreaser helps dissolve dirt, old filter oil, and other filter-clogging particulates, allowing them to be rinsed away easily with water. When used as directed, the included air filter oil remains suspended in the pleats of the cotton filter material, allowing for exceptional contaminant capture.
- Maintenance system for all K&N oiled air filters
- Helps restore your K&N oiled air filter to like-new condition
- Includes a 6.5-ounce aerosol can of air filter oil and a 12-ounce spray bottle of POWER KLEEN
- Industrial-strength degreaser helps dissolve dirt, old filter oil, and filter-clogging particulates
- The included air filter oil helps trap contaminants within the filter media
- Kit includes complete cleaning instructions
- Servicing your filter typically takes less than 15 minutes