In the early 1960s, two motorcycle racers, Ken Johnson and Norm McDonald (K&N) developed a ground-breaking new idea for an air filter. After experimenting with numerous types of filter media, they discovered that an oiled cotton design allowed the filter to not only capture contaminants very efficiently, but also allowed it to be washed and reused, and the original K&N High-Flow Air Filter was born. Five decades later, K&N is still innovating industry-leading filtration technology. In addition to performance air filters, K&N® now manufactures a variety of other protection and performance products, including air intake systems, oil filters & fuel filters, with a reputation for exceptional quality and customer service.
K&N Street Metal Air Intake Systems for Harley Davidson® motorcycles replace the restrictive stock OE air cleaner with an oversized K&N High-Flow Air Filter and a high-volume cast aluminium housing. If you’re looking for an aggressive appearance & want a significant increase in airflow, resulting in more power, this high-flow air intake system is exactly what your Harley needs. Installation is so simple, it can usually be done in 90 minutes or less. The K&N air filter is washable, reusable, pre-oiled and ready for installation. This model features a matte black housing with silver details and sanded fins. Internal breathers provide a sleek, clean appearance. Classic styling with a savage appeal.
- Guaranteed to increase horsepower
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Cast aluminium high-volume, performance air intake housing in black
- Washable and reusable K&N High-Flow cotton air filter that provides outstanding performance and protection
- Integrated internal velocity stack
- Built-in breathers replace external OE breathers
- Quick & easy installation
- Est Horsepower Gain: 4.85HP @ 4851RPM
- Replacement Filter: E-3987
- Air Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
- Air Filter Height: 63mm
- Overall Height: 83mm